Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
This is the process of optimizing your website to “rank” higher in search engine results pages, thereby increasing the amount of organic (or free) traffic your website receives. The channels that benefit from SEO include websites, blogs, and infographics.
What will you learn?
How do Search Engines work?
- Indexing & Crawling Basics
- Optimizing Crawl Budget
- Intro to SEO
Organic Search vs. Paid Search Results
- Anatomy of a Search Result (Search Snippet)
- What is On-page SEO (Content, Architecture, HTML)?
- What is Off-page SEO/Link Building (Social, Content-based, PR)?
- Finding Seed Keywords: Mind Map for Keyword Research
- Using Wikipedia, Forums for Keyword Research
- Keyword Research Process – Identify Seed Keywords, Collect Metrics, Map Keywords
- Google Keyword Planner Tool
- Basic HTML Tags to create a web page
- HTML Tags for SEO: Title, H1, META Tags, IMG, A
On-page SEO Elements
- Crawling: XML, HTML Sitemaps, Robots.txt
- Content Clusters (Creating SEO-based content)
- Negative on-page to avoid
- URL Architecture
- Page Speed Analysis (GTMetrix / YSlow / Google Page Speed Insights)
- 301 Redirects
- App Store Optimization
- Mobile Websites: Responsive, Adaptive, Dynamic
- Optimizing for Voice Search
- What is Schema & Why is it relevant to SEO.
- Schema Types – Micro, JSON-LD
- Common JSON Schema Tags – Organisation, Website, Blog Posting LocalBusiness
- How Schema shows up in SERPs
- What is Link Building
- Link Building Tactics
- Manual Link Building Process
- Link Building Metrics
- YouTube Video SEO
- Slideshare, Scribd and other Social Channels for SEO
- What is Local SEO, Pigeon Update
- Google My Business, Bing Places
- Local Pages on your website
- Local Listings/Citations
Backlink Audits using SEMrush.com
- Backlink audit of one website
- How to audit backlinks of competitors and gain insights?
SEO Audit, Tools, Measurement
- What are SEO Audits?
- Different Types of SEO Audits
- Complete SEO Audit with Checklist – Screaming Frog SEO Spider, SEMRush Backlink Audit, Page
- Speed Audit with GTMetrix / Google Page Speed Insights, Mobile Site Audit
- Google Search Console
- History of Google Algorithms
- Panda, Penguin, Pigeon, Caffeine updates
- RankBrain and the Future of SEO
Measurement with Google Analytics
- Basics of Google Analytics
- SEO Metrics to Measure – On-page, Off-page, Technical
- SEO Reporting
SEO Resources, Careers in SEO
- Top Blogs to follow for SEO
- Free Learning Resources – Moz, Google Analytics
- A career in SEO